Monday, November 10, 2014

Not just Shraylin's story.

In a moment everything can change. That has been witnessed to be true through; natural disasters, terrorist attacks, disease, war and other things that inflict death in a moment. 

Christ came to change us and welcome life in a moment. A moment could change everything for good or bad. Today I saw Jesus change welcome life in a moment for good.



Today was the first day of school at Light of Future School in Toulpongroo. As I entered into the school( that these kids built) full of hundreds of students I felt so close to God. I felt so close and heard His voice clearly said "This is my plan to prosper them and not to harm them." I looked at Shraylin whose nicely braided hair showed she was ready and whose smile revealed she was excited. 



I examined the space and "excited and ready" was most precedent in each students lives. Monday November 10th, in this moment,  these children were not concerned about their poverty. They gave no thought to their ripped clothes. They simply were ready and excited. 

Trinity Churches team raised over 2000 schools supplies and over 200 shoes for this village. As we passed a "gift" full of these items to these kids I saw light prevail over darkness. 

Today, in that moment, I was changed. I was changed by the reminder of my first love, the truest light. 

What I knew in words I saw in actions. I saw Jesus as the best thing that has happened to me. I saw Jesus as powerful and undefeated. I cling to these refreshing reminders as I eye every student and all I see today is life. Life in Christ and it's abundance. 

Shraylin and many others are ready and excited and they don't even know the best that is yet to come, the abundant life. After two months of hard work, the strong, Shraylin will see her dedication come to fruition. No doubt she will reap a harvest so plentiful, I know The Lord only has the best for her. I see her as a powerful woman of God that is going to shift her village and much more her generation: which can only happen through the name of Jesus. The best education will be what launches this bright, beautiful young girl.  Today, in a moment, Jesus directed her future so it will glorify Him. Thanks to opportunity "Cambodiancare" has offered her, to receive an education she will not end up a sex slave. Shraylin will not be just another statistic of Cambodians prostitution. She will not work at a factory and earn poverty wages. She will not be just another person crying for someone to be an advocate for her life. She will be an educated advocate for all of those around her, in the name of Jesus Christ and she is so ready and excited . 



In a moment I see such a prosperous plan for each child. In a moment I see the light of life and it changed me. 




""Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."" John 8:12


This is not just Shraylin's story but oh do I love this girl. So much. 


No comments:

Post a Comment