Sunday, September 14, 2014

"Nothing compares to the promise I have in You. "


Unlike any other day I awoke weary eyed and my body aching. This was quite alright because it called for Cambodians best cup of coffee. I had yet to need coffee thus far considering I have had an "old-lady" sleep schedule since I have been here, but this day I was thrilled to engulf a great cup of God's gift. I found myself sitting at a center mahogany table enjoying both coffee and quality Christy time. It is not unusual for us to find a spot adjacent to one another. We were both very unaware of the best day that was in front of us. We sip our coffee as I come across Galatians 6:2; "Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."

I didn't need an itinerary to know this was going to be a good day. All I needed was a ready heart and a willingness to carry the burden. Christy and I converse about  seeing others needs before our own and that is just enough to start the day right; coffee, Christy, and Christ conversations. 

We got to Teen Challenge and without hesitation we made our way to see to Ruen, Va, Kloy, Rawey, Seyha, and the other boys that had became our quick friends. We said our hellos and gave our tight hugs. 



The day only got better as we work as a team. Our project became cement, pass cement, pack cement, and pull cement. Pass cement, pack cement, and pull cement. In the hot summer sun we took lots of long breaks and drank lots of water, but things still seemed to be completed. In between our hard work we rekindled those tight hugs before returning to cement duty. 

Alas we came in for an extended break only to catch Christina dancing to Cambodian traditional music. The whole team slowly worked there way over to this scene that had now turned into a full on dance party. The sound of jubilee could be heard from miles away. After a long day of work, this is the reward, and yet the day was not over. 

We ate the, always satisfying food and then the dance party turned into worship. Old church songs rang in my ears, and I look around the formed circle as we sang "Lord there is none like you," and knew that in the midst of all the morning coffees, hard work, and tight hugs: "Nothing compares to the promise I have in you." 

No comments:

Post a Comment