Monday, September 8, 2014

International Adventures

#cambodia2014 #missions #iamthriving #travelwithfriends

The only thing that is keeping me from drifting to sleep, is this sick feeling inside of me. Nauseous would not even be a suffice way to describe how I feel. Airplane food is all around me in this, not so voluminous, plane. As I inhale the scent I know my stomach wants to vomit before I have even had a taste. I leave it and I carry enmity towards sickness that brings tears. I just want to sleep.
In the midst of 22 hours from plane to plane, "considering it pure joy" is a bit testy in these last hours before we reach Phnom Penh. Not  inherently testy; I could have "Mad cow disease"  but sickness has got to go.

I am humbly ready. Aside from the sickness, I feel different than the past times. Before, I was a David fervently ready for Goliath on the battle field. I was ready to fight. Now I feel more like David the cavalier of worship. I feel like the David with a vociferous harp in awe of the King of all kings. David that wrote "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, my God. My soul thirsts for God, the living God." (Psalm 42:1-2)

My name is Lacy. Not that that has any weigh to it, but here I am, nineteen, on my third international adventure for the gospel. "Third times the charm," right? Whatever that entails I am ready. I am ready to see Jesus do, what only Jesus can do. Which calls for, at nineteen, me to step aside because Jesus wins. I suppose that is what David displayed on the battle field and off.

"David said to the Philistine, ""You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of The Lord Almighty, the God of the Armies of Israel whom you have defiled.""
(1 Samuel 17:45)

In sense I want to be both a fighter and a worshiper these next couple of months. Though, they could all along be one in the same. David knew that Jesus could do it. So Jesus it is, the name that really holds all the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment