Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Translation Intended.

Leaving "Mike's Burgers" there is some serious emotion inside of me as I ride the bus full of laughter. I am thankful for a solid 28 people that have been family for the past days. It is a bittersweet kind of joyful as we ride to the Phnom Penh airport.

That was three days ago when I became deprived of the Trinity Church team and I began my four month adventure in Cambodia. Today, after three days of awkward adjustment, I still feel out of place. Maybe because it's Sunday and I'm sitting at a "Khmer" church with no translator. Perhaps it's because for the past three days I have quietly went about life. The rarity of this ongoing silence is killing me.

What ever the reason I want to remember that moment, after I said goodbye to the rest of the team. I want to remember that moment for the rest of my life. The moment when the song "Pursuit" rang in my ears and I understood why I am here. The moment I so humbly remembered why I fell in love with you. The moment I rode alone, but I was far from lonely. The moment when you spoke clear to me that you are all I need. The moment that as I sat in an empty bus it was full of your presence. The moment you said, " Lacy you have no idea."

Three days of struggle can't compare to anything when I remember that moment. I am not sure of my responsibilities quite yet but I know that four months in Cambodia will change me. I am already changed by the knowledge that the world is bigger than just me. Even this inconvenient language barrier can't compete with the vastness of the world you created. There is too many people and places in the world for the you, "The Eternal One," to get stumbled by our awkward adjustments.

And yet. 

You still care enough to speak clearly in these moments.

So here I am, in the silence, trusting your vastness. Today at church you didn't fail to care. Despite to inconvenience of me not being able to speak Khmer, I had one thing translated to me. Reny turned to me and said, "the pastor is talking about seeking God with all your heart and you will find Him." In all of that vastness, you intended for me to hear those words. You intended that in these quiet days for me to seek you more than ever before.

As much as I miss my team, I am glad I am not alone. I am excited I will never be alone.

1 comment: